Film Interchange is about forward movement. It is the intent of this organization to connect you with the people you need to know to take your filmmaking career to the next level. Monthly events are organized, with topnotch guest speakers who present information on various topics. Personal introductions are made to ensure you get to know the filmmakers who will benefit you the most, up to and including a dialog with musicians to round out your soundtracks. Community members are encouraged to get to know one another to collaborate, create and support each other’s work. Film Interchange plays a pivotal role in the progress of filmmaker’s projects, connections and careers.
Making Your Projects Happen: Essential Film/TV Producing & Financing! An acclaimed & intense 5-hour workshop geared toward producers, directors, writers, actors, key crew, and other working and successful creative professionals who want to produce films, TV or new media productions.
This is an insider's presentation to doing what one needs to do to produce a film, play, web series, fictional or reality TV series. It is based on 30 years of analysis of the qualities and traits that successful film producers share. It is also based on the 30 years of personal and active producing experiences of its speaker.
SUCCESSFUL FILM PRODUCING & FINANCING is extremely empowering (if not life-transforming) bottom-line and nuts-and-bolts. No fluff. By the author of the the highly anticipated book: "BEYOND THE CRAFT: What You Need to Know to Make A Living Creatively" to be published in 2016. Space is limited--Register today!
JIM JERMANOK WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING
- Selecting and researching the right script
- Literary gold mining
- Distinguishing yourself and your projects
- Creating superb promotional materials
- Pitching yourself and your projects
- Where the financing comes from
- How to find, approach, research and convince investors
- How to produce or invest in theatre, television and new media
- How to package yourself as a creative
- What you need to know about domestic and international tax incentives and other soft money
- Film Producing advantages of holding a foreign passport
- Current status of the independent film industry
- What genres/budget ranges are working now
- Effective networking and an easy networking system
- Art of the schmooze
- Assembling a team whose sum is greater than it's parts
- Overcoming creative career self-sabotage
- Understanding and succeeding with agents and managers
- Distributors and sales agents - - what you need to know
- Branding your film
- Do it Yourself Distribution
- Social Media Marketing for producers
- Making it happen on your own
More about Jim:
Jim Jermanok is an award-winning writer, director and producer, creative success expert, consultant and speaker. Jim wrote and produced the highly acclaimed romantic comedy, “Passionada,” which was released by Columbia Tri Star in over 150 countries. His latest film “Em” recently won the Grand Jury Prize at the Seattle International Film Festival and the Criterion International Inspiration Award. It was released last year by Vanguard Cinema and SnagFilms. He is also active in TV and New Media. Mr. Jermanok is a former ICM Agent who helped to represent Arthur Miller, Shirley MacLaine, John Chancellor, Ben Kingsley, Dudley Moore, Helen Hayes, Alan Arkin and General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, among others. Jim also speaks and conducts workshops worldwide on the subject of his 2016 upcoming book, BEYOND THE CRAFT: What You Need to Know to Make A Living Creatively, as well as Successful Film Producing and Financing and The Art and Business of Screenwriting.